On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:36:58PM +0100, Christian Meier wrote:
> Hi Sudheer
> >
> > 3)bash-3.2# zpool status
> >   pool: pool name
> >  state: UNAVAIL
> > status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
> >         replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
> > action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
> >    see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
> >  scan: none requested
> > config:NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
> >         pool name      UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
> >           c5t1d1    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

This means that, at the time of that import, device c5t1d1 was not
available.  What does `ls -l /dev/rdsk/c5t1d1s0' show for the physical
path?

> > And the important thing is when I export & import the zpool, then I
> > was able to access it.

Yes, later the device became available.  After the boot, `svcs' will
show you the services listed in order of their completion times.  The
ZFS mount is done by this service:

    svc:/system/filesystem/local:default

The zpool import (without the mount) is done earlier.  Check to see
if any of the FC services run too late during the boot.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-