Hi John,

Actually, last time I tried the whole AF (4k) thing, it's performance was worse than woeful.

But admittedly, that was a little while ago.

The drives were the seagate green barracuda IIRC, and performance for just about everything was 20MB/s per spindle or worse, when it should have been closer to 100MB/s when streaming. Things were worse still when doing random...

I'm actually looking to put in something larger than the 3*2TB drives (triple mirror for read perf) this pool has in it - preferably 3 * 4TB drives. (I don't want to put in more spindles - just replace the current ones...)

I might just have to bite the bullet and try something with current SW. :).

Nathan.