>On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM,  <casper....@oracle.com> wrote:
>>>Huge space, but still finite=85
>>
>> Dan Brown seems to think so in "Digital Fortress" but it just means he
>> has no grasp on "big numbers".
>
>I couldn't get past that.  I had to put the book down.  I'm guessing
>it was as awful as it threatened to be.

It is *fiction*.  So just read it as if it is "magical", like Harry Potter.

It's just like "well researched" in fiction means exactly the same as
"well researched" in journalism: the facts aren't actually facts but could
pass as facts to those who hasn't had a proper science education
(which unfortunately includes a large part of the population and 99.5% of
all politicians)

Casper