Am 24.02.14 22:35, schrieb Gregg Wonderly:
> What about doing it without the partitions?  I thought that it was
> best to use the whole disk anyway.
>
> sudo zpool create -o ashift=12 Data raidz2 disk4 disk5 disk6 disk7
> disk8 disk9 disk10 spare disk11

 IIRC, the recommended way on Mac OSX is to use a partition, and to
 create it using diskutil.  That way one meets the expectations of Mac
 OSX' disk management.  One _can_ go the full disk path, but it is not
 the default method for MacZFS-74.x

 In any case, I doubt that using whole disk access will help.

 @ m...@saudette.net :

 Can you check if there is anything MacZFS related in
 /var/log/kernel.log or /var/log/system.log around your attempt
 to create the raidz2?  You may need to try "syslog -k Sender kernel |
grep -5 -e zfs -e ZFS" if no /var/log/kernel.log exist on your system.

 Björn

> [...]
>> TB   disk1 1:          EFI                         209.7 MB
>> disk1s1 2:          ZFS pool                    3.0 TB
>> disk1s2 /dev/disk2 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *3.0
>> TB   disk2 1:          EFI                         209.7 MB
>> disk2s1 2:          ZFS pool                    3.0 TB
>> disk2s2 /dev/disk3 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *3.0
>> TB   disk3 1:          EFI                         209.7 MB
>> disk3s1 2:          ZFS pool                    3.0 TB
>> disk3s2 /dev/disk4 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk4 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk4s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk4s2 /dev/disk5 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk5 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk5s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk5s2 /dev/disk6 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk6 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk6s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk6s2 /dev/disk7 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk7 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk7s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk7s2 /dev/disk8 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk8 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk8s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk8s2 /dev/disk9 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk9 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk9s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk9s2 /dev/disk10 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk10 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk10s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk10s2 /dev/disk11 #:         TYPE NAME                    SIZE
>> IDENTIFIER 0:  GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0
>> TB   disk11 1:          EFI                         314.6 MB
>> disk11s1 2:          ZFS                         2.0 TB
>> disk11s2
>>

>> MacPro:~ bump$ zpool status -v pool: pool state: ONLINE scrub:
>> none requested config:
>>
>> NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM pool        ONLINE       0
>> 0     0 disk2s2   ONLINE       0     0     0 disk3s2   ONLINE
>> 0     0     0 disk1s2   ONLINE       0     0     0

- --
|     Bjoern Kahl   +++   Siegburg   +++    Germany     |
| "googlelogin@-my-domain-"   +++   www.bjoern-kahl.de  |
| Languages: German, English, Ancient Latin (a bit :-)) |

--

---