>From Andrew Galloway of Nexenta (Whom I'm pretty sure most would accept as
the definition of a ZFS expert.*)

ECC vs non-ECC RAM: The Great Debate:

http://nex7.blogspot.com/2014/03/ecc-vs-non-ecc-ram-great-debate.html

* "...I've been on literally 1000's of large ZFS deployments in the last 2+
years, often called in when they were broken, and much of what I say is
backed up by quite a bit of experience. This article is also often used,
cited, reviewed, and so on by many of my fellow ZFS support personnel, so
it gets around and mistakes in it get back to me eventually. I can be wrong
- but especially if you're new to ZFS, you're going to be better served not
assuming I am. :)"

Phil

--

---