On Apr 12, 2014, at 5:47 PM, Rob Lewis <groble...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no dog in this fight, but I wonder if possibly the late discovery of
> the need for ECC was a factor in Apple's abandoning the ZFS project. Unlikely
> they'd want to reengineer all their machines for it.

I believe the answer is a resounding NO. If they truly cared about desktop data
corruption
they would have punted HSF+.  Desktop is as desktop does and Apple is out of
the server
business.

FYI, Microsoft requires ECC for Windows server certification.
 -- richard

--

richard.ell...@richardelling.com
+1-760-896-4422