If anybody wants to try this with Owncloud, may I suggest
http://indieboxproject.org/

After installing Indie Box, deploying Owncloud is as simple as this:

    curl
https://raw.github.com/indieboxproject/indie-owncloud/master/examples/s0070.json
 | indie-box-admin deploy

(editing the file first might be advantageous to adjust virtual host names and
credentials)

To install Indie Box, see http://indieboxproject.org/wiki/Main_Page for x86,
ARM, Raspberry PI and the like.

Disclaimer: you guessed it, Indie Box is one of my babies.

Cheers,

Johannes.