We have no proof that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the 9-11 attack.  That is a
fact, not an opinion.  He hasn't attacked the USA in some other way.  That is another
fact.  Therefore, if we go to war with him, it is just because he is a Bad Guy.
Imagine how the Lord would feel if one of us went out and attacked a Bad Guy in our
community.  Imagine how quickly he would end up in prison  with a felony assault
conviction.

If Saddam launched an ICBM attack on us, by all means let's go to war.  If we can
prove, not merely suspect that he was behind the 9-11 attack, I'm ready to enlist
myself.  But we just can't attack him because he is a Bad Guy, or because we think he
is going to do something bad.  It would be better for all of us to perish than for us
to commit murder as a nation.  In a democracy each of us is responsible for what our
government does.  And if the government does something terrible, we are accountable
before God.

And while we are going about the earth attacking Bad Guys, how many other Bad Guys are
there?  Should we attack them too?  If ones answer is no, then he has to admit that
the proposed attack on Iraq is a political war, not a war to defend ourselves.

A wise man once said that all men have two reasons for doing anything.  The first
reason is to rationalize his action.  The other is the real reason.  I don't think we
know the real reasons.  George W. Bush might know the real reason, but he's not
talking.

Your friend and brother,
John W. Redelfs, [EMAIL PROTECTED]