In fact, Hussein's regime is a secular one, not an islamic fundamentalist one. Who are
the three great Islamic fundamentalist regimes in the region? Saudi Arabia, Iran and
Pakistan.

Take your pick.

"John W. Redelfs" wrote:

> We have no proof that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the 9-11 attack.  That is a
>fact, not an opinion.  He hasn't attacked the USA in some other way.  That is another
>fact.  Therefore, if we go to war with him, it is just because he is a Bad Guy.
>Imagine how the Lord would feel if one of us went out and attacked a Bad Guy in our
>community.  Imagine how quickly he would end up in prison  with a felony assault
>conviction.
>
> If Saddam launched an ICBM attack on us, by all means let's go to war.  If we can
>prove, not merely suspect that he was behind the 9-11 attack, I'm ready to enlist
>myself.  But we just can't attack him because he is a Bad Guy, or because we think he
>is going to do something bad.  It would be better for all of us to perish than for us
>to commit murder as a nation.  In a democracy each of us is responsible for what our
>government does.  And if the government does something terrible, we are accountable
>before God.
>
> And while we are going about the earth attacking Bad Guys, how many other Bad Guys
>are there?  Should we attack them too?  If ones answer is no, then he has to admit
>that the proposed attack on Iraq is a political war, not a war to defend ourselves.
>
> A wise man once said that all men have two reasons for doing anything.  The first
>reason is to rationalize his action.  The other is the real reason.  I don't think we
>know the real reasons.  George W. Bush might know the real reason, but he's not
>talking.
>
> Your friend and brother,
> John W. Redelfs, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Art does not reproduce what we see. Rather, it makes us see. – Paul Klee

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the author solely;
its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s employer, nor those of
any organization with which the author may be associated.