FYI,
This Friday I officially retire from the USAF, and I'm in the middle of
closing on the sale of my house (they are getting a terrific deal).
Anyway, just to let y'all know, Ramona and I are planning on moving to
Utah (initially the SLC area) in early January. That's where my family
resides.
So, I'll be looking for work. If any of you have any openings, or know of
any, please let me know. I'll be open to working anywhere between Logan
and Santaquin (just south of Provo). The job wouldn't have to provide
medical, as I get that with my AF retirement, so that will make it
cheaper on an employer.

For those bored already, read no further. Anyone needing a basic set of
my qualifications, please read on:

I have an Associate's in MIS, a BS in Resource Mgmt, and a MA in
Teaching/history.

In the USAF, I have mostly experience in computers and management.
I initially started in law enforcement, working with police dogs
(1982-1986).
Since then, I've worked in computers.
1986-1990: programming in C and Cobol
1990-1992: security management on Honeywell mainframe, helpdesk support
for Honeywell users in the field
1992-1995: managed CD-ROM technologies for USAF (including early adoption
of CD-Recordable). Managed help desk issues for CD-ROM. On technical
evaluation team for AF Desktop V contract - $2 billion award for
computers and peripherals. technical evaluation team for $1 million
dollar software purchase for electronic document management for USAF
publications.  Building manager of 175,000 square foot building.
1995-1999: project/team manager for several USAF software programs.
Managed team handling the development of AF's Defense Information
Infrastructure Common Operating Environment. Team manager for AF Software
Reuse Center - trained programmers on software reuse development, managed
website center for downloading reusable software components.
1999-2000: Division superintendent - handled human resource issues for
office of 70 people. Reviewed all annual employee reports, ran quarterly
employee recognition program, handled employee issues/problems. Started
up new team projects: new AF certification and accreditation security
team, and AF Oracle help desk.
2000-2002: team manager for all software distribution at USAF's major
software development office (HQ SSG). Managed creation of over 25,000
CD-ROMs/Floppies/4mm tape/etc for over 200 major software releases per
year. This included downloading of over 1 terabyte of data from website
maintained in house.  Creation and shipment of 10,000 CD-ROMs per year
for USAF Oracle contract shipments.

I have written and edited several requirements documents and technical
manuals over the past 15 years, so have experience in writing and copy
editing.

All of this and I have a sparkling personality.  Controversial? No, not
me, not in the least! Just ask everyone on this list that I agree with
everything they believe in. JWR's conspiracies? Definitely!  Marc's
liberal views? Of course I agree with them. It's election time and I'm
ready to promise anything to get a decent job.  ;-)

Seriously, I'm very open to going into new areas besides technology. I
would prefer a management or teaching position, but like working, so I'll
considered most anything legal and moral.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com