And you think the next life will be any easier????  I just think about
what God must have been feeling as he was dealing death to his children
during the Great Flood. Enoch tells us that God wept like we cannot
imagine. Truly, to be God means we aren't just blissfully happy all the
time, but we have all the range of God-like emotions, including sadness
and sorrow.
I thank God for this world. All of its struggles teach me so very much. I
have learned patience and compassion through my trials, two things that I
don't readily fall to in life.  At the same time, some of the most
wonderful experiences come to me because of this life. How could I
despise a gift that God has given me? I mean, without this gift called
mortality, I could never learn to be like God.
There are many beautiful things around me. I am glad to be here to see
the geese fly in from the Zoo, to feed in the fields behind my house. I
am glad to see my wife get an "A" on her college class. I am glad to see
a new member go to the temple. I am glad to see one of my children or
grandchildren succeed at something.
And I'm glad for the trials. They teach me so very much on how to be
godlike. I've been out of work for a few months now, and though it drives
me crazy at times, it has also given me much time with my wife-what a
nice reward.
I'll go when I'm called to go. If I have to live through the great
disasters at the end, I'll do it with the knowledge that it will improve
me and strengthen me.
K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

>Paul Osborne wrote:
>---
>Trust me, you're not alone. I don't care about Jackon County or the
>second coming or any of the dreaded prophecies of doom. I just want to
>get my mission done and get out of here. The sooner the better as I wish
>the Lord would hurry it up and beam me up. I'm so sick of this world.
>---

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com