After much pondering, Jon Spencer favored us with:
Unfortunately, however, many members of the Church are not true Christians,
and many members of other Churches are (which, of course, is not
unfortunate - the only unfortunate thing is that they are not in the true
Church).
I agree that many members of the Church are not true Christians, but I disagree that there are true Christians outside the Church. There are many kind, loving, unselfish people outside the Church, but that does not make them true Christians. There are also a lot of Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist, and Jews who are kind, loving and unselfish. And we would never call them Christians. The irrefutable fact is that true Christianity is taught in only one Church on earth, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A true Christian has to be one that follows Christ. And that is impossible without following his Prophet.

This is a true teaching that many Latter-day Saints are not comfortable with. I find such teachings the most interesting of all.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At present, the Book of Mormon is studied in our Sunday
School and seminary classes every fourth year. This
four-year pattern, however, must not be followed by
Church members in their personal and family study. We
need to read daily from the pages of the book that will get
a man "nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by
any other book." (Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988)

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///