Marc A. Schindler favored us with:
Contrary to what seems to be the general impression in the U.S. that
Afghanistan has improved with the overthrow of the Taliban regime, there
are signs that the ancien regime has returned -- the "Northern Alliance"
was, of course, nothing but the original gang of thugs who ran the
country, and according to the latest issue of Jane's Intelligence
Review, Afghanistan is once again the world's largest opium producer.
There is a strong belief held on the radical right in this country that while George H. Bush was the head of the CIA, he set up the heroine distribution system by which narcotics from this part of the world were transported to the USA. Bo Gritz had a lot to say on the matter. Of course Bo Gritz lost most of his credibility when he left the Church and proved himself to be a mere opportunist.

Anyway, if it is true the Bush, Sr. helped create a market for Afghan opium, it would explain why that market and distribution system remains intact after a Bush, Jr. victory.

I'm sure this is just a pack of lies told about our honorable leaders. At least I hope so.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At present, the Book of Mormon is studied in our Sunday
School and seminary classes every fourth year. This
four-year pattern, however, must not be followed by
Church members in their personal and family study. We
need to read daily from the pages of the book that will get
a man "nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by
any other book." (Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988)

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///