Marc, the issue about the statement made by the Canadian about Pres Bush was
not the issue I was talking about.  It was your general and specific distain
for American actions and motives in the international arena.  The loop I was
talking about is the issue you bring up, that Canada is unable to do much on
their own - they are not often truly in the decision making loop.
Especially right now when America has been attacked and will do something
about it with or without others permission.  It is our right and our
responsibility to do so.  However, you surely realize that your government
has acted to support the US in this area.

I apologize for presuming your motives - you are right, I was wrong to do
so.  It is a lesson we could all learn about other individuals and other
nations as well.  Perhaps this lesson could also be applied to judging the
motives of the United States in the international arena.

I am the new guy and perhaps I misunderstood when I read the rules, but I
thought that politics was a taboo subject.  If not, then this list will be
very much more interesting, but nowhere near as uplifting as I was hoping.

I really enjoy so many of your comments and appreciate your knowledge and
insight into so many aspects of what I am interested in, that I would not
want to make anything less than a friend of you.  I hope that you can accept
and respond to that.  And that you might feel the same way about me and my
posts, limited as I am in so much of what we discuss.

But please do not beat up on your neighbors to the south, because I, for
one, will naturally react to your diatribes.

Best wishes,

George