I have to admit, Steve, that this is thinking outside of the box.

There have been so many other times that a harbinger of war would have been
appropriate that I need to ask what were the signs at those times?  If
heavenly bodies are truly foretellers of events, or trends, as you suggest
then where are the signs that lead up to this concluding and convincing
event.  It would seem that other smaller signs would have suggested other
events in the past.

It would seem very likely that we tend to think that now is the most
important sign and therefore all would testify of the events coming up.  I,
myself, have often been victim of this kind of thinking.

While the ancients may have looked to the heavens for direction and
instruction, it is not likely that there are many in today's world that
would find this significant, or even noteworthy - just because not many
would even ask the questions that would lead to a meaningful conclusion.
Therefore it would seem that the usefulness of the sign would be diminished.

On the other hand I, like you, look to all things to testify of Christ and
the happenings in our world.  Therefore I do not dismiss your suggestions -
just need more information and background for your suggestions.

George