To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 8:20 PM
Subject: [ZION] Metallurgy in Ancient America

http://www.geotimes.org/aug03/resources.html

I found an article on mining and metallurgy in ancient America, mostly in
NW South America.  I have heard some object to the Book of Mormon on
grounds that there has been no evidence of a metal working culture in
American archaeology.  Apparently I'm missing something.  Isn't gold a
metal?  And didn't the Spanish conquistadors take mountains of gold back
the Old World even to the point of causing a great inflation?  Undoubtedly
I just don't understand the objection being made.  To be honest, I haven't
made a study of it, apologetics not being one of my strong interests.

Question:  Do we yet know where Lehi landed in the Americas, and where the
earliest Lehite colonies were?  Is it still generally thought that he
landed on the coast of modern Chile, or was that ever a popular theory?

-- Ronn! :)