-Ron-
> To me, immortality and eternal life have the same meaning. Your
> definition of "immortality" is mine for "salvatation."  Yours
> for "eternal life" is mine for "exaltation."

I think you meant "salivation".  ;)~ <--(drool)

This points up once again that which I personally believe to be the
basis for almost all philosophical pondering:  The definition of words.
Obviously, we must have common word definitions in order to communicate.
 Almost as obviously, the Lord has historically used existing words in a
given language to represent concepts that are actually above or beyond
the accepted meaning of the word; witness "eternal life", a state which
we believe comes to those who have died.

I believe this is the case with God's "hatred" of sinful and unrepentant
individuals.  Some object to the term "hate", thinking that somehow it
lessens God's majesty or perfection to "hate" anyone or anything; or
perhaps they're afraid that if perfect love does not preclude hatred,
maybe God won't love them.  As I wrote before, I don't understand the
psychological reasons, even in myself, that people have such a strong
reaction to the clear scriptural teaching that God's love is
conditional.  Nor do I believe that God's hatred of the unrepentant
wicked is spiritually similar to my hatred of that mean bully who picked
on me in school when I was a boy.  But still, God uses the word "hate"
to represent his feelings, so I don't think we're authorized to correct
him on that point.

As to your specific example of eternal life vs. immortality, I believe
current prophetic usage of the terms has established that eternal life
== exaltation, while immortality == resurrection.  You may hold private
definitions, of course, but in public conversation one generally reverts
to the established meanings.

Stephen