Christian Heimes wrote:
Today I stumbled over an unexpected behavior of savepoints. As far as I'm able to understand savepoints they mark a well defined state in the middle of a transaction. A savepoint is invalid if its transaction is committed or another savepoint is created. Well nesting savepoints would be a nice feature but I can live w/o it.

Something else strikes me. Why am I unable to roll back to the same savepoint multiple times?

Pseudo code example

 >>> sp = transaction.savepoint()
 >>> dosomething()
 >>> sp.valid