On 23 Nov 2005, at 17:06, Dirksen Lau wrote:
1. Open the ZMI of the root;
2. Create one object of whatever type (such as a DTML method);
3. Keep refreshing the browser. 4 out of 10 the new object disappears
from the folder content list! If I surf dirrectly to the object, such
as localhost/foo, I'd get 404 too if I keep refreshing the page.
4. If I open the UNDO log, the add record is always there, so looks
like the ZODB is intact.
5. It happens to delesion as well, i.e. the deleted object re-appears
after some times of refreshing.
6. It's very illusive. I can reproduce it on two Zope instances on the
same machine, but not on other 3. After I restart those affected two,
the sympton is just gone.

Any idea what's happening?

It's probably browser caching. Your browser gives you stale data.

jens