On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:51:16PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
| [Tim Peters]
| >> It's the traceback that's needed here.  You're working too hard ;-)
|
| [Sidnei da Silva]
| > Indeed.
| >
| >   File "C:\Arquivos de programas\Enfold
| Server\Products\ATContentTypes\tests\atcttestcase.py", line 258, in
| test_migrationKeepsPermissions
| >     transaction.savepoint() # subtransaction
|
| Bingo!  That's the root cause of it all.  This isn't Zope code, so I can't
| know what it's trying to accomplish.  _Why_ is this code making a savepoint?
|
| Since it throws away the result of the savepoint() call, it's not possible
| to roll back to this savepoint's state later.  So the most likely reason is
| that it's just "trying to save memory".  In that case, change the code to
|
|     transaction.savepoint(optimistic=True)
|
| and your original problem will go away.

I do understand that. But that doesn't answer the original question,
which was:

 - Should Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM support (non-optimistic) savepoints?

>From what I understand, if the answer is yes then that class should be
updated to use the new datamanager API instead of the old 'register'
call, otherwise it just won't support non-optimistic savepoints at
all.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.