Do you have some favorite documents that you would point me to as most accurate or up to date?
Decent clues will be enough to get started.
  - Doc in test or source files
  - web pages,
  - forums chats,
  - email threads
What should one not bother with (out of date, incorrect, etc.)

Anyone else feel free to chime in, I'll collect links and see what comes together.

--r