Jim Fulton wrote:
When I originally developed the ZODB, I created a UML model:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Developer/Models/ZODB

This provided a fairly thorough and clear documentation of
the ZODB architecture at the time.  It still contains useful information.
Unfortunately, the UML model became corrupted by the tool I was using
and could not be updated. Given advances in our own technologies
since then, I don't think I would use UML today, except perhaps
as a tool for making pictures. (Diagrams can be very useful and
their benefits should not be underestimated.)

What do you think about to use an API documentation tool, epydoc (http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/) for example? Unfortunately I haven't used it myself yet, but the examples looks promising (for example: http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/api/epydoc.apidoc.VariableDoc-class.html).

Thoughts? Is anyone willing to help out?  Anybody interested in a
ZODB Doc Day?

I'll ready to help with the docs. I guess we'll can made some minor API/code cleanup at the same time. But I think "ZODB Doc Days" is unnecessary.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
    http://hlabs.spb.ru