Hi Christian. I have been anticipating the merge of blobs in the trunk for a while so also hoping this happens for this release. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

Christian Theune wrote:
Hi,

from the project management perspective: Does that mean we're on a
feature freeze for 3.7?

I still have to deal with one bug on windows (which is likely just a
problem in the test itself that fails, not in the blob code) until I can
merge into the trunk and I'd be very happy to commit this soon.

Christian

Jim Fulton wrote:
I've released a fairly experimental 3.7 release,
http://www.python.org/pypi/ZODB3/3.7.0b3.

Unlike older ZODB releases, this release only installs the
packages that are part of ZODB.  It doesn't include ZConfig
zdaemon, zope.testing, zope.proxy and zope.interface.  These
are now dependencies that need to be installed separately.
If this release is installed with easy_install or zc.buildout
then the dependencies should be installed automatically.

I haven't modified mkzeoinst to reflect the fact that
the dependencies are no-longer included in the distribution.
As a consequence, the instances built by mkzeoinst will only
work if the dependencies are on the python path (e.g. installed
into site-packages.)  I will need to modify mkzeiinst to
deal with this.

Anyway, if people want to play with it, feedback is welcome.
I'm currently using the release in a project in which I install the
release with zc.buildout.

Jim