On May 11, 2007, at 4:39 PM, David Pratt wrote:

6 seconds as max time sounds a bit short to me. I think there can be latency sometimes for whatever reason over the Internet. I would not want it necessarily closing connections as a result. Maybe max of 30 - 60 sec might be better - and still not too long to wait. If folks use the configuration, it adjustable on the other hand.

The timeout I'm talking about isn't for closing connections, it's for opening them. It's the length of time to wait before trying again after being disconnected or after failing a connection attempt.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org