On 2007-06-22 14:25:27 +0200, Christian Theune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Am Freitag, den 22.06.2007, 08:27 -0400 schrieb Benji York:
Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
In my case I shared the blob=20
storage with the zeo client w/o telling the zeo client that it actually=
=20
was shared.
=20
I would imagine that to be a common mistake.  It would be nice (as you=20
suggest) for that particular misconfiguration to be detected and warned=20
against.

I added a launchpad bug for this. My suggestion was to detect this and
either fail or automatically use the shared writable directory.

Not automatically please. You should be aware of that since it may be just an error and break due to missing locking via nfs or anything. You never know.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891