On Jul 12, 2007, at 4:02 AM, Torgil Svensson wrote:

Hi

I'm using ZoDB standalone without Zope. Using the latest released ZoDB
on Python2.5 for win32 ( ZODB3-3.8.0b2.win32-py2.5.exe ) gives me the
following traceback when importing ZODB:

   import ZODB
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
   from DB import DB
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\DB.py", line 27, in <module>
   from ZODB.Connection import Connection
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\Connection.py", line 30, in <module>
   from persistent.interfaces import IPersistentDataManager
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\persistent\interfaces.py", line
19, in <module>
   from zope.interface import Interface
ImportError: No module named zope.interface

Is it intended for ZoDB to not be stand-alone in the future?

Yes, and in the present.

Which version of zope is required to satisfy the dependency?

zope.interface as well as the other ZODB dependencies are distributed separately. You don't need Zope. I guess I need to make the dependencies easier to discover. They are listed in the readme file, but I suppose that isn't something one is likely to read when using a windows installer. I should at least make this much clearer on the PyPI page.

The easiest way to install ZODB (and most other packages) is with easy_install (or other setuptools-based tools), as this will automatically download dependencies. In fact, I'm tempted to stop making windows installers and make the ZODB3 egg the only binary release.

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org