Hi,

we've started working on this on a branch. We're getting pretty far with a reasonable amount of work and are going the approach that the ZEO server keeps the state of the iterator for the client.

This allows us to keep the current interface intact and fulfill our requirements.

We also found a solution to clean up unused iterators automatically by having the clientstorage maintain a weakref list of the iterators handed out and notify the server when the references are gone (this will happen at transaction boundaries).

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany