Me again,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 01:38:38PM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We propose to introduce a new mode for the blob storage which breaks the
> directory structure into one level per byte of the oid. This would lead to
> directories 0x00-0xFF nested in 8 levels.

I implemented a `bushy` layout and started calling the old layout `lawn` in
reference to the DirectoryStorage terminology.

The branch is 'ctheune-bushy-directory`.

The layouts are pluggable now, provide 100% compatibility to the current
implementation and I'm working on an offline migration script that should be
completed by tomorrow.

I'd like to get feedback and eventually the allowance to merge this into the
trunk, we need this rather urgently so I'd be happy to fix any issues quickly
that hinder the merge if they get pointed out.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · [EMAIL PROTECTED]