--On 19. Juni 2008 14:31:47 +0200 Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Christian Theune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
We propose to keep both implementations around and allow to select which
one to use. We would extend the FileSystemHelper to abstract the two
strategies.

Could the default be to choose the more scalable one, or would this
lead to backwards compatibility issues?

Good point especially because Zope 2.11 is now inofficially released and people will start using blobs based on the limited directory layout...so how would a migration look like when people do encounter the current limitations?

Andreas