Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Sounds logical to me. The running instance and your zopectl run-script work in the same space with identical configurations, so both will start using the same ZEO cache file. To me this sounds like a recipe for disaster. You should run your script in a dedicated instance home used for that purpose.

Hmmm, like I said, I do this often and have never had problems before.

However, I suspect the difference-that-makes-a-difference is the persistent cache files. With non-persistent cache files, iirc, the files are stored in /tmp as temp files under unique names, so this kind of problem can't happen.

Can anyone confirm my guesswork?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk