On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:58:20PM +0100, Roger wrote:
> what I whould todo as next,
>
> try z3c.zodbbrowser or the other ZODB introspector
> tool from mgedmin, don't remember the name of the tool.

Just zodbbrowser with no prefix:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zodbbrowser
  https://launchpad.net/zodbbrowser

It's a web-app: it can connect to your ZEO server so you can inspect the
DB while it's being used.

I'd suggest dumping the last few transactions with one of the ZODB
scripts (fsdump.py perhaps) and seeing what objects get modified.
If you know an OID of an object, you can look at it with ZODBBrowser by
entering it in the URL, e.g. @@zodbbrowser?oid=0x1234.  Seeing the
object might give some clue where it comes from.  Or, if you see a long
history list for an object, you'll see what URLs were accessed
during the requests that made modifications here.

Sadly, currently ZODBBrowser doesn't have the ability to look for
backreferences (planned in my mental TODO list---but it'll be a very
expensive operation, especially on a large DB, since ZODB itself doesn't
keep track), and it doesn't let you view transactions (also on my mental
TODO list, also a bit expensive).

> the z3c.zoodbbrowser can open a ZODB with a pythin GUI.
> There you can iterate over each objects in the ZODB.
> You will probably see more then you see in the UI,
> especialy if some objects get created which you
> don't expect.

Marius Gedminas
--
There's a special hell 4 people who replace words with numbers.
        -- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw