On 11/18/13 12:19 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Jens W. Klein <j...@bluedynamics.com> wrote:
I started a new packing script for Relstorage (history free, postgresql). It
is based on incoming reference counting.

Did you look at zc.zodbdgc?  I think it implements something very close to
what you're proposing.  It's been in production for a few years now at ZC.

Not sure if it would need to be updated for relstorage.

AFAICT it does not work against a relstorage backend. Or at least I think to understand that from:

http://www.zodb.org/en/latest/documentation/articles/multi-zodb-gc.html

[...This documentation does not apply to RelStorage which has the same features built-in, but accessible in different ways. Look at the options for the zodbpack script. The –prepack option creates a table containing the same information as we are creating in the reference database[...]

regards, jw