Hi Jim,

thanks for the hint (also in the other post). I looked at zc.zodbdgc and took some inspiration from it. As far as I understand it stores the incoming references in a separate filestorage backend. So this works similar to my impelmentation but uses the ZODB infrastructure. I dont see how I make zc.zodbdgc play with Relstorage and since it works on the abstracted ZODB level using pickles I suspected it to be not fast enough for so many obejcts - so I skipped this alternative.

Jens

On 2013-11-18 12:19, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Jens W. Klein <j...@bluedynamics.com> wrote:
I started a new packing script for Relstorage (history free, postgresql). It
is based on incoming reference counting.

Did you look at zc.zodbdgc?  I think it implements something very close to
what you're proposing.  It's been in production for a few years now at ZC.

Not sure if it would need to be updated for relstorage.

Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance