A few years ago, and I think on Solaris 8, Marcus Heckel went up to
64,000 logical interfaces on a 280R, and drove over 200 web hits per
second against them with one instance of Apache driving 1,000 IP
addresses.  Dropping that down to 2,000 interfaces and with separate
Apache instances, he had 1,700 hits per second. So, even on older
Solaris, older kit, and with Apache, we were able to demonstrate
impressive scalability. I wonder what results would be seen on Solaris
10 and a Niagara...

-- Jeff