I'd suggest a role with the "Maintenance and Repair" profile. This will allow the authorized user(s) to assume that role and run /sbin/init.

This can be set per zone, from within the zone.

Something such as:

# roleadd -u <roleid> -g <group> -P "Maintenance and Repair" userinit

# usermod -u <userid> -P userinit