I am not certain excatly how the driver installation scripts for the add-on card make their devices and links. But, the actual devices appear in /devices and symlinks (presumably created by the installer) are placed in /dev in the global zone. I don't think that devfsadm does it; I believe the installer for the driver may put them there itself.

If I actually create the device node in $zoneroot/dev then I can grant the device to the zone. But this seems a really convoluted way around this.

Is this the only way to make this work? Seems like there are probably other peripheral devices that don't build their device links via devfsadm that would be safe and/or useful in a non-global zone.

Thanks!
--SCott

Edward Pilatowicz wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:01:49AM -0400, Scott Dickson - Systems Engineer