On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Wee Yeh Tan wrote:

> I do think there is an overall saving at least on my side although I
> really need to ask the guys from the other groups to know for sure.

Here's one qay zones will save time: deployment.  Instead of going
througha whole installation (seperate server), one simply needs to
create a new zone (a much faster process).

And zones are obviously MUCH more efficient when it comes to applying
patches.  Instead of applying N sets of patches (where N is the number
of servers), one needs to just apply one set.  (This disregards any
local zone-specific patches.)

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638