On 9/21/06, Mark Mulligan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if any customers had done an evaluation on the administrative
time or cost (same thing really) improved by using the efficiencies of Solaris
Containers vs. managing individual servers with just one Solaris 10 global zone
or one Solaris 8/9 instance.  This is a hot topic at one of my customer's site
right now where some think that the costs are about the same, i.e., one Solaris
Container = one Solaris 8/9 instance or S10 global zone only....taking that
further, ten Solaris Containers = cost of managing ten Solaris 8/9 instances or
S10 global zones only.

Any thoughts, opinions, studies are appreciated.

The turn around time for new environments have shortened a lot for us.
Earlier if someone needed a new environment we first had to find a
unused machine or buy a machine with all the paperwork that means. Now
we can usually deliver a new environment within a few hours of the
first contact from the developers.

cheers,
Nickus