Hi,

I have a customer who has a couple of zones issues. His first problem is that he's trying to delete a zone and he gets an error (/see zonecfg errors below/). His second problem is when he tries to rename a zone he gets a usage error. I'm having him try using another shell (/bin/sh), but I didn't know if there was anything I was missing.

I am using command line and giving following command to delete the zone

-bash-3.00# zonecfg -z NS2.i2c.com delete -F

Zone NS2.i2c.com not in configured state; delete not allowed.

-bash-3.00#

We are using Solaris 10. It is serial number 0546NNN02B. It is T2000. Kindly reply this soon we want to do this right now.

Also,

-bash-3.00# zonecfg -z monitoring-inc

zonecfg:monitoring-inc> set zonename=monitoring
usage:
set <property-name>=<property-value>

For resource type ... there are property types ...:

       (global)        zonepath
       (global)        autoboot
       (global)        pool
       fs              dir, special, raw, type
       inherit-pkg-dir dir
       net             address, physical
       device          match
       rctl            name, value
       attr            name, type, value

zonecfg:monitoring-inc>
*
Here are the steps I sent him to delete a zone and rename a zone...*

Steps to remove a Solaris 10 zone called test_zone:

Note: You must be root to remove a zone.

It is a good idea to check the status at each step to make sure the changes
you made have taken affect.

1) Be sure no one is logged into the zone to be removed.
Note: No warnings are given to users logged into a zone when it is halted.
It is a good idea to log into the zone and run the 'who' command to see
if anyone is logged in.
Then be sure to log out of the zone yourself.

# exit

2) Back up any data that is needed from that zone.

3) List all zones and their status.
To remove a zone you must be in the global zone.  You will know you are in
the global zone if it is one of the zones listed.

# zoneadm list -cv
 ID NAME        STATUS        PATH
  0 global        running        /
  5 test_zone        running        /export/test_zone

4) Halt the zone to be removed and check it's status.

# zoneadm -z test_zone halt
# zoneadm list -cv
 ID NAME        STATUS        PATH
  0 global        running        /
  - test_zone        installed    /export/test_zone

5) Uninstall the zone to be removed.

# zoneadm -z test_zone uninstall
Are you sure you want to uninstall zone test_zone (y/[n])? y
# zoneadm list -cv
 ID NAME               STATUS          PATH
  0 global             running         /
  - test_zone          configured      /export/test_zone

6) Delete the zone to be removed.  Note the zonecfg command is used here.

# zonecfg -z test_zone delete

7) Verify the zone has been removed.

# zoneadm list -cv
 ID NAME               STATUS          PATH
  0 global             running         /

*** I Also sent him...

$ zonecfg -z myzone
    zonecfg:myzone> set zonename=myzone2
    zonecfg:myzone2> exit

--
Regards,
Dave

Sun Microsystems
Mailstop ubur04-206
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA  01803

*Dave Bevans - Technical Support Engineer*
*Phone: 800-872-4786
(opt-1), (opt-2), (case #)
* *Email: david.bevans <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@Sun.com <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
TSC Systems Group-OS / Hours: 6AM - 2PM EST / M - F
*
Submit, Check & Update Cases at the Online Support Center <http://www.sun.com/service/online>

Regards,
Dave