Jeff Victor writes:
> Information about zone->pool assignment 'feels' like it belongs in "zoneadm
> list" output (analogous to zonepath),

It certainly doesn't "feel" that way to me.

I expect "zoneadm list" to produce the information that's *crucial*
for the operation of the zone.  It's the stuff that defines the
identity and location of the zone.

Just as I don't expect zoneadm to list what processes are running in a
given zone, or what IP addresses are configured, I don't expect it to
list out pool assignments or other ancillary run-time information.  I
expect to use pool-resource-related tools (perhaps with Zones
extensions) to do that, or zonecfg if I'm interested in the start-time
configuration of the zone.