All,

I have a customer asking this question:
This might seem like a very basic question but now that I have the
global zone with two local zones created how do I associate hostnames to
the zone virtual IP addresses?

I would think that the answer would be to populate dns for hosts
trying to contact this host.

but what about the local system?
Should you add the virtual IP hostnames to the global zone /etc/hosts
file or the /etc/hosts file in the zone itself?

Tia,
Steve

--

Of each particular thing, ask: What is it, in itself, what is its nature?
-Marcus Aurelius

                          _/_/_/
                         _/       _/    _/  _/_/_/
                        _/_/_/   _/    _/  _/    _/
                           _/   _/    _/  _/    _/
                      _/_/_/     _/_/_/  _/    _/
                     M I C R O S Y S T E M S, I N C.

                Stephen P. Brown - Enterprise Services
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Phone: 781-442-1275
                1 Network Drive Burlington, MA 01803-0904
                Mailstop: UBUR04-207 FAX: (781)-442-1500

Submit and view online cases at:  http://www.sun.com/service/online

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
 sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by
 others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
 recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.