zonemgr issue:

i happen to use mount points in my global zone that are different
than the mount points i want to see in a non-global zone; for example
my interactive login zone has a lofs /home that maps to global zone
(say) /zfs-home which is distinctly *different* than /home in
the global zone. [it has different home dirs]

zoneadm code has the most peculiar [mis]feature: it thinks it should
check the local directory spec in the global zone, for eg. -w "gdir|ldir"
for reasons at best muddy: to protect my sanity? to enforce a best-practice
policy: "hmm, thou shalt name all your mount points same for lofs in global
and non-global zones"

        globaldir=`echo ${rodirs[$i]} | cut -d"|" -f1`
         localdir=`echo ${rodirs[$i]} | cut -d"|" -f2`
         if [ -d "$localdir" ]
         then
            true
         else
error_message "The \"$localdir\" directory does not exist in the global zone."
         fi

this check will succeed in this peculiar case (because i happen
to have /home) but fail when i want to do (say) -r "/zfs-shared|/shared"
because /shared does not exist in the global zone.

here is a suggestion: either give me enough rope, or document and skip
the unnecessary syntax. either let me do

        -w "/my/own/zfs/none/of/your/beeswax|/local"
or
        -w "/local"   # same global and non-global mt point

a minor glitch in an otherwise amazingly useful script.

oz
--
ozan s. yigit | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | o: 416-348-1540
if you want to have your head in the clouds