Oz,

I looked more closely into the problem you cited and found some
cleanup and clarification that needed to occur in that section.
You are correct in that the presence of the nonglobal directory
is irrelevant.  That section was supposed to ensure the presence
of the specified global dir/file/dev in the global zone and not
in the nonglobal zone. Thanks for finding that!!!

I cleaned up that section.  Now, if the global directory, file,
or device in the global zone does not exist, I added a prompt to
create the directory. If you refuse, ZoneMgr will exit because
otherwise zoneadm will fail later when it tries to validate the
zone configuration file.

The updated version is available here:

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/zonemgr/files/zonemgr-1.8.1.txt

Try it out and let me know if you have further issues.

And thanks again for your contribution!

Brad

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:17:27 -0500, "ozan s. yigit"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad, thanks for the response.
>
> i suppose i am misunderstanding your code. you are actually checking
the
> "non-global"
> dir name in the global space, *not* the global dir name itself. this
> tool cannot make this
> example work without creating /local in the global zone.
>
>      zonecfg:test> add fs
>      zonecfg:test:fs> set dir=/local
>      zonecfg:test:fs> set special=/opt/local
>      zonecfg:test:fs> set type=lofs
>      zonecfg:test:fs> add options [ro,nodevices]
>      zonecfg:test:fs> end
>
> here is zonemgr 1.8 in action:
>
> # ./zonemgr -a add -n test -z "/zones" -t s \
>     -P "changeme" -R /root \
>     -r "/opt/local|/local"
> Error: The "/local" directory does not exist in the global zone.
> Use -h flag to see proper usage or -l flag to see the license.
>
> /opt/local exists in the global zone. /local does not, and is not
> *supposed to*.
>
> cheers
>
> oz
>> Hi Oz,
>>
>> Thanks for your contribution!
>>
>> The readwrite/readonly loopback mount (lofs) options are intended
>> to provide non-global access to a global filesystem, directory, file,
>> or device.  The proper usage is as follows:
>>
>>   -w "<global_dir_name>|<non-global_dir_name>"
>>   -r "<global_dir_name>|<non-global_dir_name>"
>>
>> The only reason that I clarified this usage is because your example
>> seemed to imply the reverse use.  e.g. "<non-globaldir>|<globaldir"
>>
>> I added the check for the presence of the filesystem, directory,
>> file or device in the global zone to the Zone Manager because if
>> I don't when zoneadm will fail with the an error.  Here is an
>> example with the safeguard disabled:
>>
>> In this example, I am attempting to readonly mount the global
>> directory "/nodata" which does not exist in the global zone on
>> /fstest2 in the non-global zone fstest.
>>
>> # zonemgr -a add -n fstest  -z /zones -P admin123 -r
"/nodata|/fstest"
>> could not verify fs /fstest: could not access /nodata: No such file
or
>> directory
>> zoneadm: zone fstest failed to verify
>> Error: Zone installation failed, return value: 0
>>
>> Note that the resulting state of the zone is configured.
>>
>> # zonemgr -a list
>>   ID NAME             STATUS     PATH                           BRAND
>> IP
>>    0 global           running    /
native
>> shared
>>    - fstest1          configured /zones/fstest2
native