On Tue 13 Mar 2007 at 04:46PM, Morris Hooten - SLS Business Infrastructure
wrote:
> Based on curent use cases and experienced users of containers
> how many sparse root zones could be run on a sunfire 440
> wit h4x 1.3 ghz cpus and 16gb ram? i currently have 10 sparse
> zones with all running a webserver and a third running oracle.
>
> my average at the moment is: load average: 0.50, 0.41, 0.48
> would I be risking it to add three additonal zones running webservers and
> oracle?
>
> thoughts? what should my load averages look like consistently?

Load average is not a great metric, although that looks ok.  Can
you post some output of 'mpstat 5' (let it run for a bit and make
sure you get a representative sample).

Also, the output of the bottom portion of 'prstat -Z' may be helpful.

        -dp