On Tue 13 Mar 2007 at 08:44PM, Jim Mauro wrote:
> The only correct way to do capacity planning is to plot application
> throughput with system utilization. Maybe you can run 40 Zones each
> with a webserver, and a database Zone, or maybe 4. Or 1. It's
> completely workload dependent.

Yes, I agree that that would be optimal.  Offline, Morris gave me some
stats to look at, and it appears that the machine is about 2-5% busy,
with about 30-40% of total system memory in use.  If the machine is
processing its normal workload at that utilization, that's a good
starting point (in my mind) for "things seem OK."

        -dp