Hi,

IHAC with the folowing questions...

*Describe the problem:* We would like to know if you have any suggestions for patching zones on high-availability systems, who wouldn't necessarily have their LOFS mount point available without HA, or without mounting them before patching. For example, we have Veritas Cluster server mount multiple volumes within a directory structure, and these are provided by VCS when the cluster comes up. These are then mounted in local zones via LOFS when they boot. If we try and patch and these are not available, the patching fails. Is there any possible way to boot the local zone and have it ignore application specific LOFS mounts without changing the configuration of the zone? Or a script to populate the directory structure when the disk isn't mounted to fake it out? I will write a script if there is nothing available, but not reinventing the wheel if you guys have a solution would be excellent. :)

Any Idea's

--
Regards,
Dave

Sun Microsystems
Mailstop ubur04-206
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA  01803

*Dave Bevans - Technical Support Engineer*
*Phone: 800-872-4786
(opt-1), (opt-2), (case #)
* *Email: david.bevans <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@Sun.com <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
TSC Systems Group-OS / Hours: 6AM - 2PM EST / M - F
*
Submit, Check & Update Cases at the Online Support Center <http://www.sun.com/service/online>

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME The U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandates that Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the United States of America start on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November starting in 2007. To see how your Sun System or Software may be affected, please visit http://www.sun.com/dst

--
Regards,
Dave