On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Nicolas Dorfsman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there anyone here working on something able to create/configure/
> boot a zone without interactivity ?  I tried to update
> create_zone.sh but it's a little bit hard to maintain it in shell.
> So, an alternative would be to create a brand new one in Perl...or
> to work on something different directly in Solaris source.

http://www.madstop.com/managing-solaris-zones.html

I have my own set of zone-creation scripts (newzone.sh, then various
nnn-foo.sh scripts which get iterated over), though I will soon be
moving to using puppet to manage creation. I already use puppet to
manage configuration, so it's not much of a stretch for me. I will be
much happier when adding a new zone to a system simply involved adding
a bittova config to a puppet node class. :-)

It's somewhat kludgey with the shell scripts, though I wouldn't say
it's particularly tedious.

Cheers.
--
bda