Bryan Allen wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Nicolas Dorfsman wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Is there anyone here working on something able to create/configure/
>> boot a zone without interactivity ?  I tried to update
>> but it's a little bit hard to maintain it in shell.
>> So, an alternative would be to create a brand new one in Perl...or
>> to work on something different directly in Solaris source.
> I have my own set of zone-creation scripts (, then various
> scripts which get iterated over), though I will soon be
> moving to using puppet to manage creation. I already use puppet to
> manage configuration, so it's not much of a stretch for me. I will be
> much happier when adding a new zone to a system simply involved adding
> a bittova config to a puppet node class. :-)
> It's somewhat kludgey with the shell scripts, though I wouldn't say
> it's particularly tedious.
> Cheers.
> --
> bda
> cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.
I looked at your site and I see the following ( sorry about formating )

puppet -d -e 'zone { myzone: ensure => running }'

This won't get any inherited directories or any network addresses, but
you can always add them later:

puppet -d -e ' zone { myzone: ensure => running, inherits => ["/usr",
"/sbin"] }'

Yes, that will modify the configuration of your existing zone, not try
to create a new one or any some such.}

Now one cannot modify the inherited directories once a zone is
installed. ( you can up to that point alright )

ie if you create a whole root zone ( ie install it via zoneadm install )
then the only way to add inherited dir's is by a reinstall as far as I know.

You can modify the ip etc on the fly, but the inherited dirs bit in
relation to the default dirs such as /lib /sbin /bin & /platform cannot
be changed once installed.