Robert Milkowski wrote:
> Hello Steffen,
>
> Friday, December 21, 2007, 1:05:53 PM, you wrote:
>
> SW> [attempt to bcc this alias seemed to have failed]
>
> SW> If you have been waiting for the fixes to be able to use IP Instances
> SW> with the GigaSwift NICs (ce), they are now in OpenSolaris, and I have
> SW> tested them with Nevada build 80, currently available within Sun. I
> SW> don't know when build 80 ISOs will be on opensolaris.org. The bits have
> SW> to go through at least four to six week soak testing in Nevada before a
> SW> back port to Solaris 10 can be released.
>

> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-118777-12-1
> Problem Description:
>
> 6606507 ce driver needs to work with Solaris 10 IP Instances
>

> Well, according to patch 118777-12 CR 6606507 is fixed by it.
> I guess it's a mistake... ???

Hi Robert
There are actually two changes needed to get ce working with IP instances
the CE driver change is 6606507 and the Zones one, that is also needed
is 6616075.

The zones change 6616075 has been put back to build 80, and so now that
both are in opensolaris, the ce driver works with IP instances.

cheers
Enda