I succesfully compiled the editor SciTE for Solaris and it works without
problems in the Global Zone.

But in a non-global zone it does not fully work:

I can start the editor with a file and edit that file but  trying to
open a file from within the editor crashes the editor:

[Sun Jan 13 21:36:05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/develop/scite/scite/gtk]
# ../bin/SciTE
process 25006: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to
read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such
file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Abort (core dumped)

[Sun Jan 13 21:37:13 [EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/develop/scite/scite/gtk]
# ls /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
/var/lib/dbus/machine-id: No such file or directory

When I look at the dbus service in the zone I see that it is disabled

[Sun Jan 13 21:37:35 [EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/develop/scite/scite/gtk]
# svcs -a | grep dbus
disabled       18:38:52 svc:/system/dbus:default

and according to the log file of the service it cannot be run in a
non-global zone:

dbus-daemon cannot be run in non-global zones

Because I don't know exactly for what the dbus daemon is used I would
like to know, if I can work around this error from Solaris (e.g. by
creating the missing file manually) or do I have to check the
application to not use the dbus at all?

(My test environment is Solaris snv_78 for SPARC)

Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

M s temprano que tarde el mundo cambiar .
                        Fidel Castro